Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The best years of my life spent thusly

Wake up. Hit snooze. Repeat. Break out of loop after a few cycles with some difficulty. Brush. Wash. Eat. Leave. Run after bus. Get on bus. Long bus ride to nowhere. Get off. Sneak into office. Get called to lab. Saw stuff. Drill holes. Make connectors. Make switches. Pour oil into long tubes. Get hands full of transformer oil (yummy!). Pour glycerine into long tubes. Get hands full of glycerine too (fun!). Lightly sizzle brain and gonads with rf till golden brown. Break for lunch. Return for more repetitive testing until brain shuts down. End the afternoon with a bang (big sparks, exploding inductors or resistors). Take a break. Surf web. Try to keep awake in cubicle. Knock off. Long bus ride home. Eat. Rinse, rest & repeat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha bet u didnt expect me to leave a msg. Yes I do read yr blog including yr frens' blogs as I'm quite into reading blogs these days. Anyway sounds like your ns life is very fun...what with all the hands-on work and exploding stuff. =) I would luv to have a try if I could!

Alicia

Sun Jan 30, 11:05:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger bean said...

Heh I've put up the comment u sent me last nite.. hope u dun mind. yes I didn't expect you to leave me a message. And nooo u got it all wrong... doesn't the tone make you feel lethargic? like a mindless zombie autobot going about his daily chores? I was trying to convey a certain kind of languor, but I guess I failed. So much for Strunk & White. Oh well had they seen me use the word 'thusly', they would have left their graves to hunt me down.

yah my frens have some interesting blogs. i recommend stupidchicken, caustic soda, qualia, tuque et al.

Sun Jan 30, 11:14:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home