Thursday, January 13, 2005

Today's memorable quote

"Since this gate has trouble faithfully implementing the identity operation, I guess one could say it has an identity crisis."

- Gerard J. Milburn, who together with Knill and Laflamme showed that universal quantum computation is possible with single photon sources, linear optical networks, photon counters, followed by postselection and feedforward [Nature 409 (2001)]

Btw I should point out this freshly compiled ebook which has been described by its author as "Quantum Computing for Dummies". EE/CS types might want to take a look, it looks like a pretty decent introduction. Even has examples in C and Java it seems (which puts me at a disadvantage since I know neither).

In the spirit of the current workshop allow me to serve up this mystery link.. The accompanying story is very nice too, worth a read in my opinion.

PS. My apologies Jiahao if I told you about that b4. Hope u enjoyed the quote at least :)

3 Comments:

Blogger AcidFlask said...

the mystery link leads me to the blogger editing page...?

Fri Jan 14, 04:28:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger AcidFlask said...

and while you're at it it would be really nice if you could update your links to my page. 10x

Fri Jan 14, 04:31:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger bean said...

ok link above fixed! oops your page i'll get ard 2 it later. have been thinking of migrating myself. at least u got the redirect there so it's ok.

Fri Jan 14, 12:24:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home