Friday, September 24, 2004

Party's party Irrational Exuberance

Oh forgot 2 mention I was reminded of Caltech Dining Services. They serve some really bad inedible food during the term, but throw a party every year with really good stuff. And it's made by the same chefs who serve us during the school term. Once in a while, they will organize some food fests where we get a selection of delicacies.

Moral of the story: it's ok to serve crap most of the time, as long as u please the joes once in a while.

Come to think of it, that's like my approach to my NS obligations now.

------

Party. Babes. Men (and women) in white.

But where's JP when you need him? I can't help but think it would have been perfect if he was around to show off his gr8 sg workout moves on the dance floor.

Oh well. At least EY had the enthusiasm. Perhaps I didn't have enough alcohol, or just can't groove to the beat. Just grinning (and probably looking like an idiot) the whole time.

Somehow, when everyone started chanting, "...PAP rocks! PAP rocks!...", scenes from Orwell (1984) kept leaping into my mind. Alcohol makes me morbid? And I was wondering why I was there subjecting myself to all that blatant mindwashing. Until I looked around and saw the hot babes grooving to the beat. Dude I didn't know they had so many in the party. Makes me almost want 2 join, heh.

So I hung around and enjoyed the view for a bit. Oh and I shook hands with the PM! Very gian! And I got to see the cool Mr. Lim Swee Say up close. And ran into LCB, who tried 2 recruit me into his party.

The PM was surrounded by lots of gyrating babes. He went up on a narrow platform with lots of party babes who danced to his tune. Being a PM has its perks :)

Can't believe I let them chop that lightning symbol on the back of my right hand. Was just amused the whole way. A little too detached and rational, not quite partying mood. But still quite interesting. And a smoke-free Zouk was awesome. Shirt doesn't smell of tobacco and nicotine. Free drinks, smoke-free party, babes. What's not to like?

Oh and a couple of memorable "quotes":

"PAP is 50 years old. But most of you here are much younger." Very astute.
"I don't think this is the time or place for a 3-hour speech." The audience concurred.

Damn I shld have whipped out my mp3 voice recorder. Then could have captured some soundbites. And I need a real camera. Should have grabbed a canon at Comex.

----------

Oh and I forgot to mention I noticed quite a few guys who looked sharp and had this wire running from their right ear down their neck like Agents. Pointed at the cord of one who was probably part of LSS's security detail and he turned his head around pretty fast. Quickly faked nonchalance :P

2 Comments:

Blogger AcidFlask said...

sex sells.
human rights don't.

Fri Sep 24, 04:23:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger bean said...

Btw, Ju missed u :P

Fri Sep 24, 10:12:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home