Monday, September 13, 2004

Soon to be a Qitter, lah!

Met up with Prof E today. Heard that the HoD got a fit when he saw this:
Subject: Success!

Hi,

I just received a letter from the commission saying that they approved my bond transfer to NUS. Can't wait for ORD now. Thanks for all the trouble you and and HoD went through for me!

me
which Prof E kindly forwarded to him. Heheh. Turns out he was against bond transfer as he assumed that the dept would have to fork out $400,000 to 'purchase' me. But in the correspondence which Prof E received from PSC, there was no mention of transfer of monies from NUS to PSC. In fact, they mentioned that NUS should keep them updated of my posting, so that they can calculate the proper liquidated damages should I decide to zao. So I think the HoD won't have any more grounds to object. Prof E will let him know after he cools down abit. And to top it off they mentioned a "5-year bond", so evidently I still get my 1-year NS discount (which I was abit too embarrassed to ask Irene about) even as RA. Yatta!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Qitter? A quitter who can't spell, or some newfangled quantum information theory concept? :)

Wed Sep 15, 05:55:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger coern said...

that's awesome dude. see you around when i'm back this summer. for good.

Tue May 17, 07:10:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home